Business A.M
No Result
View All Result
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
  • Home
  • Technology
  • Finance
  • Comments
  • Companies
  • Commodities
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Subscribe
Business A.M
  • Home
  • Technology
  • Finance
  • Comments
  • Companies
  • Commodities
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Business A.M
No Result
View All Result
Home Frontpage

Saudi’s Aramco IPO preparations ongoing, says CEO but no decision yet on venue of the listing

by Admin
November 12, 2017
in Frontpage

Preparations to float shares of Saudi Aramco next year are proceeding, but no decision has been taken yet on the venue for the international listing, the chief executive of the state oil company told Al Arabiya Television channel.

Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman had said last month that the Aramco’s initial public offering, part of an ambitious plan to diversify the Saudi economy beyond oil, was on track to go ahead in 2018.

The sale of around five percent of the oil giant is expected to be the biggest in the world.

“Preparations are proceeding to the fullest extent for listing in 2018,” Amin Nasser told the channel in an interview aired on Sunday.

He was speaking after the company signed engineering and construction deals with international firms worth $4.5 billion.

Nasser told Al Arabiya Aramco’s shares will certainly be listed on the Saudi stock market, Tadawul.

After extensive studies of other international stock markets, the “right” decision on the international venue will be taken “at the right time”, Nasser said.

“For sure, it will be listed in the Saudi market. As for other markets, a complete study was made,” he said naming New York, London, Tokyo and Hong Kong.

The studies are under discussion now, he said, adding: “This takes time.”

The CEO’s statement is technically part of Saudi officials efforts to reassure the business community that the country’s ongoing sweeping anti-corruption investigation would not hurt the economy, and that companies and banks could operate as normal.

Saudi authorities have questioned 208 people in an anti-corruption investigation and estimate at least $100 billion has been stolen through graft. Dozens of princes, senior officials and prominent businessmen, including cabinet ministers and billionaires, have been detained in the inquiry.

Admin
Admin
Previous Post

Alibaba sold record $25bn on ‘Singles Day’ promotion

Next Post

Moody’s downgrades 8 Nigerian banks following downgrade of Nigeria sovereign rating

Next Post

Moody's downgrades 8 Nigerian banks following downgrade of Nigeria sovereign rating

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Igbobi alumni raise over N1bn in one week as private capital fills education gap

Igbobi alumni raise over N1bn in one week as private capital fills education gap

February 11, 2026
NGX taps tech advancements to drive N4.63tr capital growth in H1

Insurance-fuelled rally pushes NGX to record high

August 8, 2025

Reps summon Ameachi, others over railway contracts, $500m China loan

July 29, 2025

CBN to issue N1.5bn loan for youth led agric expansion in Plateau

July 29, 2025

6 MLB teams that could use upgrades at the trade deadline

Top NFL Draft picks react to their Madden NFL 16 ratings

Paul Pierce said there was ‘no way’ he could play for Lakers

Arian Foster agrees to buy books for a fan after he asked on Twitter

MultiChoice enters new era as Canal+ finalises $3bn acquisition

MultiChoice hits pause on price hikes to focus on subscribers retention

February 22, 2026

IHS Towers agrees $6.2bn sale to MTN with 239% premium for shareholders

February 22, 2026
Unilever Nigeria expands social investment with Ogun school upgrade

Unilever Nigeria expands social investment with Ogun school upgrade

February 22, 2026
Nigeria unveils N800bn industrial push to cut oil dependence

Nigeria unveils N800bn industrial push to cut oil dependence

February 20, 2026

Popular News

  • Igbobi alumni raise over N1bn in one week as private capital fills education gap

    Igbobi alumni raise over N1bn in one week as private capital fills education gap

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Insurance-fuelled rally pushes NGX to record high

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Reps summon Ameachi, others over railway contracts, $500m China loan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBN to issue N1.5bn loan for youth led agric expansion in Plateau

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Glo, Dangote, Airtel, 7 others prequalified to bid for 9Mobile acquisition

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
Currently Playing

CNN on Nigeria Aviation

CNN on Nigeria Aviation

Business AM TV

Edeme Kelikume Interview With Business AM TV

Business AM TV

Business A M 2021 Mutual Funds Outlook And Award Promo Video

Business AM TV

Recent News

MultiChoice enters new era as Canal+ finalises $3bn acquisition

MultiChoice hits pause on price hikes to focus on subscribers retention

February 22, 2026

IHS Towers agrees $6.2bn sale to MTN with 239% premium for shareholders

February 22, 2026

Categories

  • Frontpage
  • Analyst Insight
  • Business AM TV
  • Comments
  • Commodities
  • Finance
  • Markets
  • Technology
  • The Business Traveller & Hospitality
  • World Business & Economy

Site Navigation

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy & Policy
Business A.M

BusinessAMLive (businessamlive.com) is a leading online business news and information platform focused on providing timely, insightful and comprehensive coverage of economic, financial, and business developments in Nigeria, Africa and around the world.

© 2026 Business A.M

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Technology
  • Finance
  • Comments
  • Companies
  • Commodities
  • About Us
  • Contact Us

© 2026 Business A.M